What the dead know : learning about life as a New York City death investigator / Barbara Butcher.
- ISBN: 9781982179380
- ISBN: 1982179384
- Physical Description: xi, 270 pages ; 24 cm.
- Edition: First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Simon & Schuster, 
- Copyright: ©2023.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
The angry hanging man -- Luck joy -- How to roll a body -- Partners in crime -- The Whitehouse hotel -- Don't try this at home -- Timing is everything -- Baby-faced butchers -- The other city -- In case of emergency -- The slain and the slayers -- Fuck Entenmann's -- Homicide: death at the hands of another -- Suicide: murder of the self -- The radios are down -- Whatever it takes -- That's politics -- They locked my ass up.
"Reflecting on twenty years of investigating more than 5,500 death scenes, an NYC death investigator, the second woman ever hired for this role, shares how, in dealing with death every day, she learned surprising lessons about life--and how some of those lessons saved her from becoming a statistic herself"--Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
Forensic pathologists > New York (State) > New York > Biography.
Medical examiners (Law) > New York (State) > New York > Biography.
True crime stories.
- 12 of 19 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Windham Free Library - Windham Center.
- 6 current holds with 19 total copies.