Hour of the witch : a novel / Chris Bohjalian.
- 17 of 74 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Windham Free Library - Windham Center.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Windham Free Library - Windham Center||F BOH (Text to phone)||33760146534318||Adult New Fiction||Checked out||06/29/2021|
- ISBN: 9780385542432 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 0385542437 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 9780525432692 (trade paperback)
- ISBN: 0525432698 (trade paperback)
- ISBN: 9780385547956 (Barnes & Noble edition)
- Physical Description: 405 pages ; 25 cm
- Publisher: New York : Doubleday, 
- Copyright: ©2021
The Barnes & Noble Book Club Edition contains a Q+A with the author and a reading group guide.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. -405).
Boston, 1662. Mary Deerfield is twenty-four-years-old. Her skin is porcelain, her eyes delft blue, and in England she might have had many suitors. But here in the New World, amid this community of saints, Mary is the second wife of Thomas Deerfield, a man as cruel as he is powerful. When Thomas, prone to drunken rage, drives a three-tined fork into the back of Mary's hand, she resolves that she must divorce him to save her life. But in a world where every neighbor is watching for signs of the devil, a woman like Mary--a woman who harbors secret desires and finds it difficult to tolerate the brazen hypocrisy of so many men in the colony--soon finds herself the object of suspicion and rumor. When tainted objects are discovered buried in Mary's garden, when a boy she has treated with herbs and simples dies, and when their servant girl runs screaming in fright from her home, Mary must fight to not only escape her marriage, but also the gallows.
Search for related items by subject
Detective and mystery fiction.