Couldn't keep it to myself : testimonies from our imprisoned sisters / Wally Lamb and the women of York Correctional Institution.
- ISBN: 006053429X (acid-free paper)
- ISBN: 9780060534295 (acid-free paper)
- Physical Description: xiii, 350,  p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : ReganBooks, c2003.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. [351-352]).
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Notes to the reader -- Couldn't keep it to ourselves / Wally Lamb -- The true face of earth -- Orbiting Izzy / Nancy Whiteley -- Thefts / Carolyn Ann Adams -- Hair chronicles / Tabatha Rowley -- Three steps past the monkeys / Nancy Birkla -- Hell, and how I got here / Brenda Medina -- Christmas in prison / Robin Cullen -- Faith, power, and pants / Bonnie Foreshaw -- Puzzle pieces / Barbara Parsons Lane -- Motherlove / Michelle Jessamy -- Snapshots of my early life / Diane Bartholomew -- Bad girls / Dale Griffith.
The author recounts his work with the York Correctional Institution and shares the stories of his women inmate students, describing the circumstances that led to their incarcerations and how they found their literary voices.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Prisoners' writings, American > Connecticut.
Women prisoners > Connecticut.
- 31 of 33 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Windham Free Library - Windham Center.
- 0 current holds with 33 total copies.